Ten things make a post
Yes, I still suck at blogging regularly. I don’t expect that’ll change, but I sure keep trying. So, to catch you up on the life of Adam, here’s a quick rundown of what I’ve been up to.
- Achieved INBOX=0 and rocked the hell out of my calendar and TODO list. Yes, I might be micro-managing my time but it seems to be working. I’ve been more productive this last week than I have in the last few months, both personally and professionally.
- I have a few pieces of very good news that I’ll be able to talk about next week. I am practically zinging off the walls, but I must wait until the ink is dry and no one can call take-backs on me.
- Wrote an introductory primer to the Clarion Workshops for the Inkpunks blog. I’ve meant to write a sort of handbook for preparing for and surviving the Clarion experience. This is a start.
- Revised another story for submission, bring the total to five stories in circulation. Mean average is 46 days out. Fire and forget.
- Drowning in paperwork for immigration to Ontario. No red flags to hold things up, just lots of mostly well-meaning bureaucracy. Birth certificates, marriage certificates, divorce certificates, drops of blood, toe nail clippings from when I was six…
- I’m one piece of paper away from being able to get an Ontario drivers license, which lets us get car insurance and, well, a car. It’ll be nice to take off and drive aimlessly, without worry of tying up the shared vehicle. Watch out, Toronto, I’ll be coming to see you.
- I’m gathering my thoughts on first-hand impressions of universal healthcare vs. the mess we’ve got in the states. After witnessing what Andrea aptly described as “lung custard” being coughed up by a sick young girl in the emergency room yesterday, it’s safe to say that sick is sick no matter where you are and there’s always room for improvement in any large, monolithic system of control.
- It is, as of this post, just 17 days and 20 hours from the world premier of season six of Doctor Who. I’ve rewatched season 5 in preparation and am now enjoying, for the first time, Torchwood.
- Apparently the Canadian government resigned or was overthrown recently. I swear, I had nothing to do with it. I’m still trying to figure out the politics here. There are more political parties than actual politicians, I think.
- I finally have an office chair for my cave in the basement. Now I just need the weather to warm up so I don’t freeze to death while working down there.
Posted on 6 Apr 2011